Pro-Iraqi government paramilitary forces, al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units)
Anbar (IraqiNews.com) Three Islamic State suicide attackers were killed in Anbar, a paramilitary official said on Friday.
Speaking to AlSumaria News, Qutri al-Obeidi, leader within the Shia-led al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Forces), “joint troops of army and tribes managed to kill three IS suicide attackers who attempted infiltration into Baghdadi region, west of Ramadi.
“The bombers were killed in the desert of al-Akla village, southwest of Baghdadi,” Obeidi said adding that troops repulsed the attack.
Earlier on the day, the War Media Cell said the Iraqi military command urged residents in Qaim to be prepared for imminent operations to retake their region from militants.
On Thursday, the Iraqi army’s elite Counter-Terrorism Service distributed flyers in Qaim urging Islamic State militants to surrender better than having the same destiny of other militants in liberated regions.
It also urged people to stay away from the militants in order not to be used as human shields, and to remember their hideouts so troops could follow them after the town is liberated.
Iraqi army announced the total recapture of Annah, hours after recapturing neighboring Rayhana area, in September.
Troops also liberated Akashat region, between Rutba town, on borders with Jordan, and Qaim, on borders with Syria.
Anbar’s western towns of Qaim and Rawa have been held by the extremist group since 2014, when it occupied one third of Iraq to proclaim a self-styled Islamic “Caliphate”.
Iraqi troops were able to return life back to normal in the biggest cities of Anbar including Fallujah, Ramadi and others after recapturing them in 2015 and 2016.
Note: The post (Three Islamic State suicide attackers killed in Anbar: Paramilitary official) appeared first on (Iraq News Today) and do not necessarily reflect the position of IraqNow.news.
You can read the original text from the source (Iraq News Today).